Daniel Oprea from Romania is 19 years old. His project aims to decrease the suicidal rates among teenagers through an inspirational message. The objectives are to attract the attention of the young people from Harghita county on the availability of the psychological help and to increase the degree of involvement of the decision-making leaders.
Daniel was selected for the project “European Youth at the frontlines of active citizenship: A Roadmap towards a collective South-North-East-West Momentum” organized by Volunteers Centre Skopje and supported by European Commission due to Erasmus + European Youth Together programme.
What is your project aiming for?
– My project aims to decrease the suicidal rates among teenagers through an inspirational message.
What are your objectives?
– The objectives are to attract the attention of the young people from Harghita county on the availability of the psychological help and to increase the degree of involvement of the decision-making leaders.
What are your activities?
– The schedule of activities includes the organization of a charity concert with the message “No One is Alone”, the composition of a song about the need of help and the maintenance of a dialogue within the local council and students council about suicide prevention, and the making of an inspirational documentary.
What results is your project waiting for?
– All this results in a better social environment, increasing the popularity of psychologists, the meeting briefing from the local council and the students, the realization of the concert and the song dedicated to the teenagers and finally the documentary.
What is your project’s impact going to be?
– The impact consists in lowering the suicide rate and the school dropout rate, the realization of young people that they can receive help, changing the way of decision-making leaders’ deal with the problem.
Where do you get your passion from?
– My passion comes from anything around me. Everything can be used to give motivation, inspiration and of course will to make a change.
What made you choose your project’s topic?
– I think my project idea started from personal causes. A very dear person left a few months ago and this project is not only meant to help people work on their mental health, but as well to create something that will always remember me of a dear relative.
How do you think your project will influence the young people in the city?
– Teenagers in my city are smart but have a major lack of empathy to others. I hope all the young people in my city will take my project as an example as something to help empower them to be more empathetic.
Leave a Reply