I was born and raised in a big city. Big cities have really good opportunities and possibilities to make our lives better. Education, professions, socializing and health are just a few examples. For sure the most important one is health! Once I went to a rural town everything was new and different to me but after a while I was used to it. I lived with a hosting family and they introduced me to sodium bicarbonate! Since that day, it has been one of my magic bullets and heroes. I always have a pack of carbonate with me like everyone does in my home .The generally use is for cake but you can also make use of it in different ways as you’ll see in the article. Now I want to introduce you with this health hero!
A brief history about BICARBONATE :
Sodium bicarbonate is a white solid ,crystalline, fine powder. It has a slightly salty alkaline taste resembling with the taste of washing soda (sodium carbonate). The natural mineral form is nahcolite. It is a component of the mineral natron and it is found in many mineral springs. It is among the food additives encoded by the European Union, identified as E 500. Since it has long been known and is widely used, the salt has many related names such as baking soda, bread soda, cooking soda, and bicarbonate of soda.
In 1791, a French chemist, Nicolas Leblanc, produced sodium carbonate, also known as soda ash. In 1846, two bakers from New York, John Dwight and Austin Church, established the first factory to develop baking soda from sodium carbonate and carbon dioxide.
This compound, referred to as saleratus, is mentioned in the novel Captains Courageous by Rudyard Kipling as being used extensively in the 1800s in commercial fishing to prevent freshly caught fish from spoiling.
Sodium Bicarbonate can be used as a first line of defence for a vast range of sickness including, cancer, flu, diabetes, kidney disease and even the common cold. It can be used in many forms whether transdermally in a bath, orally or nebulised for lung conditions. It is so powerful in it’s ability to detox that it can even be used against radiation exposure.
Baking soda is a great tool for cleaning and removing stains, but there are many health benefits associated with the use of baking soda, too.
- For insect bites – Apply a paste made of baking soda and water to insect bites to help relieve itching. Baking soda helps to relieve minor skin irritation and itching by neutralizing toxins and irritants on your skin’s surface.
- A natural deodorant – Create your own deodorant by mixing a teaspoon of baking soda with enough water to create a milky paste. You can also simply brush some dry baking soda under your arms.
- For hands and feet – with a tablespoon of baking soda and warm water you can create your own foot and hand bath. The baking soda will remove bacteria and odors, and it will help to prevent toenail fungurs.
- For teeth – For a natural way to whiten your teeth, crush one ripe strawberry and mix it with 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda. Spread the mixture onto your teeth and leave on for five minutes. Then brush your teeth and rinse.
- For your face – Combine one teaspoon of baking soda with half a cup of water and rub it on your face in a circular motion, then rinse. It makes your skin very smooth and fresh.
- A cancer prevention – Baking soda is known to increase the pH of acidic tumors without affecting the pH balanceof healthy tissues and the blood. When you have a pH imbalance, unhealthy organisms are able to flourish, which damages tissues and organs, and compromises the immune system.
Moreover, you can use this hero for;
- Baking soda can also be used as a fabric softener baking soda to scrub your barbecue grill.
- Sprinkle it onto carpets, let it sit for 15 minutes, then vacuum it up.
- Sprinkle baking soda in your shoes for a natural deodorizer.
- Sprinkle baking soda on a vegetable brush to help remove dirt and residue from fruits and veggies.
- Make a paste of baking soda and water and use it to scrub away grime from your shower and bath.
- in your laundry, or to get your clothes whither and brighter.
The baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) is also very effective for ;
- improving kidney function,
- reducing ulcer pain,
- heartburn and indigestion relief,
- itchy skin relief,
- Easesstomach pain
- Helps withdigestive issues
- Relievesbloating and gas
- Fights offdiseases
- Killsfungi, mold and parasites
- Minimizescough and sore throat
- Reduces the duration of cold and flu
- HelpspH balance
- Reduces the symptoms ofgout
- Promotes kidney health
- Treatsurinary tract infections
- Reducesmuscle pain and fatigue
- Help fight flu and cold
Everything needs to be taken in balance.
! Side effects and contraindications :
Sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) is generally well tolerated. However, high doses may cause headache, nausea or irritability. If any of these effects continue or become bothersome, inform your doctor. Notify your doctor if you develop: muscle weakness, slow reflexes and confusion, swelling of the feet or ankles, black tar-like stools, coffee-ground vomit. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
Do not use it if you are on a sodium restricted diet unless directed by a doctor. Ask a doctor or a pharmacist before use if you are taking a prescription drug. Antacids may interact with certain prescription drugs. Do not administer to children under age 5 without careful consideration. To avoid injury do not take sodium bicarbonate until the powder is completely dissolved and it is very important not to take baking soda when you are overly full from food or drink. Consult a doctor if severe stomach pain occurs after taking this product.
Make sure you only take a small amount of baking soda solution at any given time, since alkaline substances can neutralize most if not all acids in the stomach, causing the stomach to create more acid. This can, in turn, lead to more heartburn, which will cause you to ingest more baking soda solution and start a dangerous cycle.
Leave a Reply